Starting a new club can be a rewarding experience and a great way to bring the Toastmasters experience to people in your community or company.
With over 300 clubs in the province, there are still communities and organizations that can grow with the Toastmasters experience. Toastmasters clubs meet at corporations, churches, colleges, community centers and even in restaurants.
While community clubs are generally open to anyone, sponsored clubs are often limited to affiliates of the sponsor since the meeting location and some of the fees may be covered. If your organization is looking to build leaders from within, then now is the time to (find out how to sponsor a club) and why thousands already have.
To start a new club, follow these five steps:
- Find at least 20 people over the age of 18 who want to join.
- Designate and secure a meeting location.
- Fill out and submit the requisite new club forms to World Headquarters.
- Fill out the Start a Club form and request more information or contact us.
- Download a copy of How to Build a Toastmasters Club, a step-by-step guide to growing a successful club.
Applicable Fees (listed in US dollars):
- $125: One-time chartering fee
- $20: New-member fee per person
- $45: Six months’ membership dues per person
- Additional dues: Clubs may also charge supplementary club dues to cover expenses.
Ready to start a club? Contact District 21 today. For more information, please review the How to Sponsor a New Club PDF.