District 21 Toastmasters promotes 2 contests each year.
The District 21 International Speech Contest (District Level) is held at the Annual Conference. The first place contestant advances to the region quarter finals.
The District 21 Evaluation Speech Contest is also held at the Annual Conference. The District is the highest level for the Evaluation Speech Contest.
The purpose of these Speech Contests:
- To provide an opportunity for speakers to improve their speaking abilities and to recognize the best as encouragement to all.
- To provide an opportunity to learn by observing the more proficient speakers who have benefited from their Toastmasters training.
- Speech Contest Rulebook – July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lnHuwRiDr_BxOfpdb0gLgVhNRX5AnsFb/view don’t include URLs in design; for linking purposes only if needed
- Online and Hybrid Speech Contest Best Practices – 2022-2023 Toastmasters Contest Cycle https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BlkbCaMOMsDLtoPmxx-rai5lNeevZiCC/view
- Certificate of Eligibility and Originality https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcCnJsrYJifKtww9Qz9VmOor98zo7Yl0/view
- Contestants Speech Profile https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AuW4TOVm9uAo-n-JXfzbILetlGEKcR9A/view
- Release form for Quarter Finals (International Speech) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNaOIW9i6tMWnuU87S0MIUYLciu5vO0C/view
- Frequently Asked Questions from Toastmasters.org